USPS Tracking Not Updating: USPS tracking us a service which allows their users to track their mail items or packages. In case you are using a USPS mail service then you must be knowing what USPS tracking is & how to utilize it?
Guys! Welcome to USPS Tracking Hub, we have empowered this article in order to deliver all the critical information about USPS Tracking Not Updating. The article possesses detail information about why USPS Tracking Not Updating, along with all the places where you can find a tracking number.
USPS Tracking Not Updating
Also Check: USPS Customer Service Complaints
In order to track the mail items or packages you have been allotted a unique tracking number for each item which is shipped through USPS and its tracking number. Hence in order to find the number, you need to log on to the USPS.com to track down your package.
People suffer from many queries when it comes to USPS tracking such as what is a tracking number, how to or where to find the tracking number, is it possible to track a package without tracking number and more.
USPS tracking works absolutely fine most of the time, but at times there are few moments where the tracking is not updating.
Must Check: my aarp medicare login
Why is USPS Tracking not Updating?
In case your tracking is not updating or you are not able to see any progress in your tracking dashboard or you encounter “USPS delivery status not updated” then there might my any reason behind that. We have provided all the reason so that you can get to know all the reasons which are responsible for the same.
One thing that you should always keep in mind is that to make sure that you are entering correct tracking number. Hence check the tracking number properly to make sure it is correct.
Here are the list of places where you can find a tracking number.
- Post office shipping receipt.
- Sales receipt if you bought insurance at the post office.
- USPS Email confirmation, in case you shipped from com.
- Shipping confirmation Email received from an online retailer.
- Look at the bottom peel-off portion of USPS Tracking label.
- The back of the orange slip you received if you missed a USPS delivery.
If you are tracking number is correct and stills you cannot see any updates in your tracking dashboard then there might be something wrong on the letter carrier side.
Reasons Behind USPS Tracking Not Updating
USPS tracking is an end to end mechanism where a barcode is scanned when the parcel shifted from one place to another. A barcode is scanned several times till a package reaches its destination. All the updates can be seen on tracking dashboard only because of the barcode scanning. This this section we have shared how USPS tracking works but as of now let’s understand the possible reasons for tracking not updating.
Reasons Behind USPS Tracking Not Updating:
- Package Not Scanned: As we all know that a tracking is updated each time a package is scanned by the shipping carrier. Hence it might be possible that a package has not scanned by the shipping carrier due to any respective reason. Therefore if a scanning is not done then tracking won’t update.
- Weather Conditions: Bad weather plays a vital barrier in a package reaching the destination on time and it could be one of the thousand reasons why your tracking is not updating. The package might get stuck and that’s why you can’t see any latest updates on the package.
- Packages are not scanned at intermediary stops: There are mediator stops where a package is scanned before it reaches the destination. Hence there might be chances that a package is not scanned at mediator stops due to unavoidable reasons or circumstances or human error.
- Broken or Un-scannable Barcode: There might be chances that a barcode is broken or not in a condition to get scanned properly.
- Delay on the part of carrier: In case there might be a delay on the part of the carrier and that’s why you’re tracking is not updating. There are other situations as well such as during holiday period USPS may skip the scanning process in order to handle the huge number of packages & deliver them on time. Therefore, when the USPS is already lagging behind, to move the packages quicker, they often skip the scanning which leads to the USPS tracking not found.
- usps tracking not updating 2017
- ups tracking info not updating
- usps tracking not updating for priority mail
- usps tracking not updating for international
- usps tracking not updating 2018
The above article totally aims to deliver full information on USPS Tracking Not Updating. This article is equipped with all other essential details which allows you to under why USPS Tracking Not Updating. In case you are still facing any issue or are not able to understand your issue and situation and have been stuck on USPS Reacting Not Updating. Let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you ASAP.